Python ist my programming language of choice. I like its simplicity, readability and that the standard library includes so much usefull stuff. And if you need something special, propably someone build it already - just search on pypi.
This here is a small list of articles I should (re)read or that are interesting in some way or another.
- asome python: A curated list of python projects and libraries. Search here before heading to pypi, github or the duck
- python cheatsheet: a collection of cheat sheets for python
- pipenv: package management and virtual environment in one command
things i should use but often forget
- chardet: Character encoding auto-detection in Python.
- ftfy: The goal of ftfy is to take in bad Unicode and output good Unicode
- pendulum: Python datetimes made easy
- pipenv: pip and virtual environments combined. use it!
- tqdm: Add a progress meter to your loops in a second
- awsome pyramid: another curated list, this time for pyramid
- passlib: Password hashing library
- pyramid: for me, the web application framework of choice
- uwsgi: wsgi application server.
data exploration, etc.
talks, presentations, etc.
- PyConDE: Youtube channel of the German python conference
- asynchronous programming in python: well, the title says it all.
- background: Runs things in the background.
- geopy: geocoding library for python with multiple backends
- isso: A drop in replacement for Disqus
- mistletoe: A fast, extensible Markdown parser in pure Python. Might be a replacement for mistune
- pytinstaller:PyInstaller is a program that freezes (packages) Python programs into stand-alone executables, under Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris and AIX.
- pytailer: simple implementation of GNU tail and head
- python-phonenumbers: Python port of Google's libphonenumber. I don't know if I'll ever use it. But there is this one project (as usual)
- validus: A dead simple Python string validation library.
- whoosh: Whoosh is a fast, pure Python search engine library.